I knew there was a reason why I didn’t do block 3 last month. You should have seen the pile of thread that I unpicked after doing the little roof again and again and again and again. I didn’t count. I should have. Needless to say, I had trouble. I am still not entirely happy with seams and points, but it is done and I am not fiddling with it anymore!!!!
Since I was on a roll (of unpicking), I decided to do block 4. I put off the triangles until the very end…… At 10.30 pm I sewed the left side of the house to the top of the right side. Should have taken a photo. It looked rather interesting. I also should have stopped and gone to bed. But no, I unpicked and sewed it in the right place.
By 11.00 pm I had managed to survive the triangles, after only a little bit of unpicking. In fact, the top of the house was looking rather nice. I sewed it all together, went to iron it, and then decided the roof looked rather odd. I should have taken a photo. It looked very interesting. Instead of sewing a sky and roof triangle onto the house triangle, I had sewn two sky trianlges. (If you are doing this block, pay attention, if you aren’t, I hope you are not getting bored here!)
I didn’t scream.
I felt like it, but everyone else was asleep, so I thought I’d better not.
And fixed it.
Of course it didn’t go together quite as well as the first time… but there you have it. It is done. Please, don’t look too close. And I went to bed at 11.30pm.
Sign Up for My Newsletter!
Subscribe to my monthly newsletter and get this stitchery pattern free!