What you need:
two 4 1/2 ” squares of fabric
scraps of yellow and red felt
wheat or rice
1. Cut out two 4 1/2″ squares of pretty fabric
2. Cut out one 1 1/2″ square of yellow felt. You will need to fold it in half when you sew it in. Also cut out comb shape from red felt. (If you are not comfortable with drawing your own comb, just click on the photo below and print it. You can then cut out the comb shape and make it smaller or larger if needed.)
3. Place the fabric squares right sides together and start sewing from the middle of one side. If the fabric has a pattern on it that needs to stay in a certain direction, start at the bottom. Keep sewing until you get as far as this:
4. The trickiest part is getting the comb and beak in the right position. This is the stage I add them (and you might want to use pins, I avoid them at all costs and then pay for it later!). Here are some closer shots:
5. Keep sewing until you get back to the side you started. Leave a little gap:
9. Sew buttons on for eyes, one on each side.
with Asparagus recipes to tempt me,
since my Asparagus is starting to
pop up in the garden right now 🙂
If you have any questions, please ask. If you make any of these, please let me know! I’d love to see your Chookies 🙂
Sign Up for My Newsletter!
Subscribe to my monthly newsletter and get this stitchery pattern free!