Aladdin’s Cave

There’s a place downtown that the sewing ladies call “Aladdin’s Cave”.  It is in the basement of a place called Deera Hotel… which isn’t a hotel as far as I can tell, all I can see are shops… but anyway, in the basement, in amongst the carpark are little haberdashery shops, with sewing treasures of all sorts…

ac1

Most of the stuff here you buy in bulk….

ac2

and it’s really cool stuff!!!

ac3

Lace, tassles, buttons, ribbons, zips, needles, scissors, sequins, etc, etc, etc….

Today was my last visit – who knows when I will come again? One day, I hope. But in the meantime I stocked up on the following:

ac4

Regular cotton sewing/quilting thread, embroidery thread, some buttons, sequins, lace, shirring elastic, machine needles, a few rolls of ribbons… so much cheaper than back in Oz, I know I will be pleased I made another quick trip to Aladdin’s Cave before I left….

sig1

Posted in Fun Stuff, Living in Arabia | 8 Comments

8 Responses to Aladdin’s Cave

1. Susan Smith says:

Well done, but now you have to pack it. We are off to Ballarat again tomorrow to try and find somewhere to “rent” as the house hunting hasn’t come to fruitition. The removalists come to do the last of the packing on the 1st, load on the 2nd and drop off on the 4th, so we had better get our skates on. The rest of the time will be spent with me packing the house and K the garage. Take care and I’ll see you soon.

2. Fiona says:

so much fun in there!!!! you are well stocked up…. such pretty threads

Hugz

3. Sally van Rooyen says:

Well done! I must get down there again soon.
    x
    S

4. Narelle says:

Imagine if you found the lamp and you could pop in anytime :o)
    Nice stash!

5. Lola says:

Glad you are now stocked up for a goodly bit! Prices are going up here in US also on sewing needs. I try to catch sales. Getting close to time to leave I am sure you are all sorted and packed! Hope all goes well!

6. Vickie says:

wow what a cave indeed..glad to see you have stocked up..can’t let them low low prices slip by,cheers Vickie

7. alice says:

Woo Hoo!! What a fun stash! Wish I could have tagged along with you!

8. Judy says:

Wow, I would love to spend time in that Aladdins cave!