Being quiet in blogland this week does not mean I have been idle… I have actually been quite productive! ‘Tis amazing!
My main achievement for the week was getting Emmie G “unpacked”:
She was all “glad wrapped” for the move, to protect her, and of course before I could get her going she needed to be un-glad wrapped. I found the easiest way to do it was like this:
Very carefully of course 🙂
Wasn’t long till she was ready to go….
I had forgotten how much I love quilting, just me and Emmie G….
A friend of my sister’s wanted to have her quilt basted so that she could hand quilt it. I offered to help her out, as much a learning experience for me as anything else because I have never basted a quilt on the Gammill before. Because mine is not computerized we experimented with different stitch lengths, deciding in the end to do a hand’s width between stitches as you would with pins:
Two and a half hours later I did comment that I could have had it quilted in that same amount of time and it’d have been done, lol!
It was a big quilt, and Marion did it all by hand of course. It’s for her granddaughter and she also wants to put it in the local quilt show in June, so I told her I’d try to be there and take a photo of it all done. I do admire her for wanting to hand quilt it.. I know if it was me it would take me years!
On Wednesday I went to Brenda’s again and worked on my Little Patchwork Village… It was a kit I’d bought many a year ago and I started on the stitcheries back in 2012. I forgot to take a pic of the kit, sorry, but I did figure out I’d finished all the stitcheries except for one flower on a block… lol!
So on Wednesday I decided I’d work on cutting up the fabric ready to make the star blocks:
Well, as you can see I have started working on those UFOs, but if I am going to finish 108 this year, I will need to speed it up a bit!!
Sign Up for My Newsletter!
Subscribe to my monthly newsletter and get this stitchery pattern free!