You will need:
320g plain flour
160g caster sugar
a pinch of salt
1 1/2 tbsp cocoa
1. Mix all the ingredients except the cocoa. The mixture will be crumbly, but should stick together when you grab a handful.
2. Take approx half of the mixture out of the mixing bowl and place it in another bowl. This will be your “plain” half.
3. Add the cocoa to the remaining mixture and mix in well. If you want it darker, add more cocoa, 1/2 tbsp at a time.
It will look something like this:
4. Knead both mixtures to make two balls of dough:
5. Now take some of the dough from each color and roll into rolls or (”worms!”) like this:
6. Place the rolls of dough on top of each other like this and cut slices to make cookies:
Now this is the “by hand” way. If you are like me and have a wonderful cookie press…..
7. Roll the dough into thicker rolls:
8. Squeeze them into the cookie press:
9. Press out the cookies onto a baking tray:
Don’t they look good?
10. Bake in a 180C oven (moderately hot) for about 6 – 8 min. These cookies are done when the white dough has a slight golden tinge to them.
Any questions? Just ask 🙂
Sign Up for My Newsletter!
Subscribe to my monthly newsletter and get this stitchery pattern free!