Birthday Blessings

Last week I turned older… another year, would you believe it! I had a lovely day…

DD made me a cake with what we had on hand in the house:

cake

It was a Brownie cake – yummy!

Got some lovely cards and pressies:

pressies

In theĀ  middle there, is a gift voucher from my dear sister to go to Gail’s! Yay! An excuse to go to a quilt shop! (Would you believe I have not stepped foot in one since I got back to Oz?!)

I also went to see “Saving Mr Banks” with my mum, DD, and a dear friend… it was a good movie, we all enjoyed it.

In other news, I finished the rag rug for the kitchen:

ragrug

Better go do the dishes…. :)

sig1

Posted in Odds and Ends | 10 Comments

10 Responses to Birthday Blessings

1. alice says:

Oh yes–I want some of that cake!!!! I have not been to Bella’s since she moved right up the street either. Must be something wrong with us!!

2. sunny says:

Happy Birthday! Your brownie cake looks yummy. I saw Saving Mr. Banks last month, and really enjoyed it.

3. Fiona says:

Hi Joy and happy birthday….. it’s lovely having a birthday and getting gifts…. not sure about hte getting older bit…
    great kitchen rug… if we have to do dishes we may as well stand on something pretty and soft…
    Hugz
    Ps. may landline phone is no good … it was getting shaky and now it is gone… as I seldom use it we are not replacing… I don’t seem to have your number… please send it….x

4. Lola says:

Happy Belated Birthday!! Cake sounds yum. Well now you have a good reason to go to visit the quilt shop…$$$$$! ;-) I am trying to be good and NOT go to one…use my big stash…well not as big as Alice’s but big enough for me!;-) Will send some gifts from the US soon!!!
    XO
    Lola

5. Diane says:

Happy Happy Birthday dear friend–
    we do not get older–only wiser!!!!!
    love the new rug–
    love, di and a pesky cat these days!!!!

6. Pip says:

A belated Happy Birthday from me. On my first look at the brownie birthday cake I thought it was a piece of embroidery ready to be appliqued down :) what an excellent idea for a birthday cake. Your pressies look lovely indeed, a quilt shop voucher is always welcome.

7. Corina says:

Gefeliciteerd Joy, ook als ik te laat bent!

8. wendy says:

happy birthday! Lovely pressies you got and I lov eyour rag rug

9. Happy birthday! It sounds like it was lovely!

And the rug is beautiful!

10. Narelle says:

Happy Belated Birthday Wishes :)
    That cake looks delicious!